- #GIMP s could become endangered species, help protect them by subscribing http://www.petitiononline.com/botgimp/petition.html #
- ♺ @glynmoody: Civil Liberties Groups Ask EU to Repeal Data Retention Directive – http://bit.ly/8SdCi1 good luck with that, via @EDRi_org #eu #
- @davewiner WRT “We need: An open source Twitter shell” do you know http://status.net/ and it’s show case http://identi.ca/ ? #
- It’s raning cat’s and dogs in Lisboa. (oh wait, I think I saw a toad as well). #
- Esta história das escutas já cheira tão mal, que neste momento há interesse público em conhecer o seu conteúdo. #
- Sugestões para melhorar o sistema de justiça português: acabar com o estatuto de arguido e com o segredo de justiça por omissão. #
- A quem tenha acesso às escutas do momento: cumpra o dever cívico de as publicar no wikileaks.org #
- @ghostnet (fictício espero) será que têm as escutas? não as querem publicar? 😀 #
- ♺ @jamie_love: In Germany, Firefox marketshare now larger than Microsoft IE http://bit.ly/6DNcEw #
- Damn, V remake will *only* return in 4 months… #
- @bugabundo sadly it is true… #
- Did you do your job to help bring out The GIMP? http://www.petitiononline.com/botgimp/petition.html bring it out of Ubuntu’s software vault. #
- ♺ @zoobab: Swedish Prsdncy ‘ll put centralisation of patent system on the table tomorrow, software patents on the way to be validated in EU #
- @ipublicis lol, mas depois do Nobel da paz ser dado ao Obama, isso representa alguma coisa? 🙂 #
- @teddks but after the Nobel Peace Prize was given to Obama, does it mean anything? 🙂 #
- @schestowitz you really have a lot of people who just plain hate you, looking at some protest subscriptions of the petition. #
- Não sei porque estão todos preocupados com a credibilidade da justiça portuguesa, já-se foi há muito tempo! #
- até é um dos motivos para menor investimento externo no país… #
- parece-me bastante hipócrita defender que haja credibilidade na justiça portuguesa… #
- Can’t work on !elmdentica until EFL (well, elementary) get’s fixed. Hence getting it all from svn to see if I can find out why it is borked. #
One of the problems people complain about my calls from the Freerunner is *bad*sound*. Lot’s of background noise, static, etc. I’m not talking about the familiar buzz problem, as I’ve had the buzz fix applied to my phone. However what I found to fix this problem on my phone model (GTA02v5 + buzz fix) goes totally against the official information. So much so that there’s at least one person who, from his very good knowledge about this subject (Really! This is *not* sarcasm!), thinks this fix is as good as putting some peanut butter over the microphone :)
I know of at least one other person who claims to have better sound on remote end from this fix, but I think I need to drop the challenge. Can you try the current SHR Unstable, apply this fix and then report on the mailing lists your results?
You can? Good! So here’s the fix:
- call someone who noticed your bad sound and check whether the sound is still bad, then finish the call
- edit /etc/freesmartphone/alsa/default/gsmhandset
- change control 63 (it’s also on line 63), so that it ends in 3 rather than in 2:
- Old value: 63:'Mic Sidetone Mux':1:2
- New value: 63:'Mic Sidetone Mux':1:3
- call that person again and check the result
Alternatively, in one call, you can ssh into your phone and use alsamixer to change the same control, but this change will not be persistent until you do the steps above.
So let’s hear your results, nothing like a good empirical experiment.
[UPDATE: Added sound recordings]
In the following recordings (complete set here), I said «The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog» starting with Mic2, then Right PGA, then Left PGA.